Served by: Shepherd of Response Ministries
Works closely with: Shepherd of Response Ministries, Vocal Music Director, Tech Director, Worship Leaders, Response Ministries Project Director
Works: Part-time (15 hr/wk)
In partnership with the Shepherd of Response Ministries, the Music Director (MD) plays a key role in the execution of our worship vision for breadth of expression by taking a leadership role in the execution of our worship services. The MD will work alongside the Shepherd of Response Ministries, Vocal Music Director, and the various Worship Leaders to help execute the musical portion of the worship services, and to source, write, and arrange song selections as necessary. This role is temporary until the hire for a full-time Shepherd of Music is made.
Creative Music Administration and Planning—30%
- In office presence at all Worship Planning and Production meetings.
- Weekly tactical & planning work. Includes the detailing of all musical service elements.
- Produce tracks, stems, and sessions for upcoming weeks.
- Ensure weekly song charts are accurate in Planning Center Online (PCO).
- Musician scheduling and communication about services with team members regarding details for Sunday mornings (charts, arrangements, etc.).
- Weekly debrief— celebrating, analysis, questions, getting answers.
Worship Team Rehearsal and Service Responsibilities—70%
- Conduct and lead all necessary midweek and Sunday pre-service rehearsals for musicians.
- Provide on-mic leadership during services for in-ear monitors to ensure effective and accurate song arrangements and service flow.
- Work closely with the tech team to ensure sonic vision is being achieved.
Please click on the following link to apply for the position: Employment Application
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read Fullerton Free’s Statement of Faith. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with Fullerton Free’s Statement of Faith.