Shepherd Of Elementary Kids
What is the Role?
The Shepherd of Elementary Kids teams with the Shepherd of Kids to lead the kids ministry staff, families and kids through ministry programs and environments for our 1st-3rd graders designed to reach kids with the gospel while equipping families to be the primary spiritual nurturers of their kids. The full time role includes teaming in leadership in the 4th-5th grade ministry on a weekly basis as well.
How will you Spend Your Time?
Lead and Program 1st-3rd Elementary Kids Ministry — 35%
- Creatively program, design and run the Sunday elementary kids services
- Teach and train volunteers and oversee ministry details
- Communicate with families and leadership about kids ministry details
- Rotate with Shepherd of Kids Ministry into 4th/5th grade to lead ministry upstairs
- Run monthly events for kids summer events
- Create events to reach families in the community
Support Team with Kids Events, Calendar and Meetings and 4th/5th Ministry — 25% (added to job description if full-time)
- Help Create Kids/Family ministry Calendar of events
- Participate in weekly meeting with Kids team
- Share responsibilities for VBS, Trunk or Treat, Spring Event, and son/daughter events
- Attend and help during all kids ministry events
- Participate win mid-week events and programs for 4th/5th students
Team with Shepherd of Students/Kids in Leading Families of Elementary Kids — 15%
- Attend and participate in students and kids ministry meetings
- Join efforts in events and opportunities to equip parents of kids
- Support and join in students and kids ministry events
- Partner in designing, planning and running family camp for elementary kids
Recruitment, Training and Shepherding of Elementary Volunteers — 15%
- Recruit volunteers for the elementary ministry
- Help develop training/policy booklet for Kids ministry
- Support, train, nurture and appreciate volunteers
Other Ministry — 10%
- Additional meetings and conferences that are Kids Ministry related
- Supporting families in crisis and difficulties
- Serves at Shepherd On Call two weeks a year
What is our Church Mission and Vision?
Empowered by the Holy Spirit, Fullerton Free is a loving community, united in sacrifice & living like Christ for the glory of God.
Our Vision is that Christ would be Revealed . . .
To us – Through compelling and engaging gospel communication all over our campus, we would love to see Christ be revealed throughout the week and all year as the good news is shared in a variety of ways all over our campus and in our neighborhood.
In us – Through ongoing transformation in the hearts and lives of our church body that we would continually and constantly allow the work of the Holy Spirit to prepare the soil of our hearts to grow and know Him deeper personally and in community.
By us – Through our call as ambassadors that we would be contagious with our faith in our city, our neighborhood, our community and in the circles of influence that God has surrounded us with.
Who will Support and Serve you as you Lead?
Served by: Shepherd Kids Ministry
Serves: Kids Ministry Team
Works: Part time (25 hours per week) or full time, exempt
Please click on the following link to apply for the position: Employment Application
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read Fullerton Free’s Statement of Faith. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with Fullerton Free’s Statement of Faith.