Served by: Shepherd of Connection Ministries
Works: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Serves: Volunteers, Contractors
The Graphic Designer will seek to visually represent the Fullerton Free mission, vision and brand story through visual communication of various types of media. The Graphic Designer is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, producing, and guiding the Fullerton Free visual brand and all associated collateral and deliverables, under the creative direction of the Shepherd of Illumination. Working with and alongside various staff as well as interns, volunteers, and freelancers, the Graphic Designer shall forge innovative and compelling communication of our vision, values and events through all design efforts including digital media, print media, campus signage, and all presentations of our brand story.
Design & Production — 50%
- Provide overall design direction for all matters of communication and media, including internal and external marketing, advertising, social media, and special events or projects.
- Develop graphic design solutions for a range of internal ministry clients as well as design, produce and execute all main communications design and brand design via print, web, mobile app, electronic newsletters, and social media.
- Execute brand strategy and monitor brand consistency.
- Ensure creative projects align spiritually with Fullerton Free’s mission and vision pillars.
- Align the vibe and feel of our communication across platforms (web, app, social, print, signage, etc.)
- Manage and produce designs for Canva for use by staff and ministries in creating their own materials.
- Monitor use of Canva by other ministries to maintain brand alignment.
- Maintain and champion brand guidelines presentation and training efforts.
Project Design & Workflow Management — 15%
- Partner with others on the Illumination team to strategize communications and promotion efforts for various internal ministry clients.
- Manage production and delivery of projects.
- Produce and distribute digital deliverables, providing all necessary assets for web, mobile app, screen, video, and social media.
- Produce and distribute physical creative materials and deliverables, including installation of signage, banner systems, and campus brand collateral.
- Work with design vendors such as printers, sign vendors, etc.
- Determine printing specifications.
- Work with vendors to obtain bids.
- Prepare files for print and digital output.
- Coordinate delivery and installation of final materials.
- Organize and maintain all graphic design assets.
- Assist in implementing internal processes and systems for the creative and communications teams for better organization and efficiencies.
Photography — 15%
- Regularly attend various ministry events to capture photos for use in social media, collateral, web, and app.
- Organize and manage photo shoots for special projects.
- Develop and lead a volunteer team of photographers to keep current with all areas of ministry in an effort to effectively capture and tell the stories of our church family as well as promote ongoing ministry events and activities.
- Maintain an ongoing catalog of current photos to support creative efforts.
- Work with other members of the Illumination and Response Teams to produce creative ideas and design projects for integration into worship services and other events.
Design Team Leadership — 15%
- Recruit, manage and mentor a Design Intern (or team of Interns) for design and execution of photography, web content, social media, and storytelling.
- Partner with and provide art direction for all contracted designers for brand excellence. Focus on fluidity of designs and organic development.
Other Ministry — 5%
- Participate in staff meetings and other leadership meetings as needed.
- Cultivate intimacy with God and growth in Christ-like character through personal and corporate spiritual disciplines.
Skills / Requirements
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat) and Google Suite.
- Knowledge of the print production process, preparing files for print, and requesting print estimates.
- Understanding of digital design and output (email, social media graphics, website banners, digital signage, etc.)
- Commitment to quality, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Strong eye for color, composition, typography, and photo editing.
- Ability to work within brand guidelines, conceptualize projects, articulate design solutions, manage and prioritize concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment, problem solve technical and print production issues, meet deadlines, and maintain electronic files and assets.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and client service skills.
- Must enjoy interacting with a diverse group of people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Possess a strong work ethic and initiative.
- Ability to multi-task, pays attention to detail, and be a team player.
- Expectation to strive for personal and professional growth in leadership and general ministry effectiveness.
Qualifications / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field (preferred).
- 3-4 years of professional graphic design experience.
- Experience collaborating with creative teams, clients, and vendors.
- Experience in church ministry is helpful.
- Web design skills are a plus.
Please click on the following link to apply for the position: Employment Application
Before submitting a resume and cover letter, please read Fullerton Free’s Statement of Faith. All applicants confirm they have reviewed and are in full agreement with each part of the Statement of Faith. Submission of a resume and cover letter constitutes an affirmation of alignment with Fullerton Free’s Statement of Faith.